On Friday June 7th I was lucky enough to be a part of Relay for Life in Almonte, Ontario. I went as a volunteer with my aunt Donna Ward who is also a survivor. We walked the survivor victory lap together hand in hand because I was her caregiver. It was really a touching a moment. I helped out mostly in the “Fight Back Zone”. In that tent they show people the dangers of cancer and how to try to prevent it and test yourself. It was really a great night filled with amazing people and some outstanding stories!! At one point of the night, I was with the mayor of Almonte talking to the survivors. Around 8pm that night I was invited on the stage to talk about my platform and how it was important for me that everyone was there and supported an amazing cause! We even had a local singer who is now making it big on the country charts come and sing for us. Jordan McIntosh did amazing, and just like me and everyone else there he had a story and a reason to be at Relay for Life and support the cause. All in all it was just an amazing night with tons of positive vibes and lots of cheering and tons of hugs passed along! This will be one night I will never forget!!
- Click here to apply!
- Click here to view this years winner!
- Click here to view all the latest blog posts on the Miss Teen Blog Network
Miss Teen Videos
Watch the Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good video created by the 2012 Miss Teen contestants! Sponsored by Aveda Institute Canada
- Bells and Bows Bridal - Where Modern Chic meets Timeless Elegance.
- Find Bells and Bows Bridal on Facebook.
- Cardiac Kids is a volunteer group who raise much-needed funds for children who are suffering from congenital heart disease.
- Free The Children is an international charity and educational partner, working both domestically and internationally to empower and enable youth to be agents of change.